20/09/2009

Yakiniku BBQ

[2009_09_18]
Well its Friday night! My last Friday night here in Sydney. I decided to go out for some dinner, something a bit special. I went for a type of Japensese BBQ called 'Yakiniku'. It very neat idea. You sit around a table where you cook your food, kind of like a Fondue, but in the middle of this table is a small grill. You order your meat, I had 'Wagyu', a special type of Japanese Beef which is considered one of the best of Japan (combination of Japanese Black Cow and Australian Angus Cow). It had a very nice marbled texture. They bring it to your table sliced thinly, marinated in a Japanese BBQ sauce, ready to be cooked. (I also had sliced corn on he cob).

You toss your food on the grill, let it cook for a couple of minutes, and enjoy! Wow, this beef was absolutely fantastic! Very enjoyable! Quite, the experience. I'll have to look for a place like this back home.

For desert I had sesame Ice Cream and sweet bean, very interesting!

No comments: