23/09/2009

Trip to Mars?

[2009_09_23]
I woke up early this morning thinking it seemed really dusty. I dismissed it thinking it was my imagination or allergies since its spring here. Eventually I did look out side and was amazed by what I saw. My thoughts were "That isn't right!". Everything had an orange/red color too it. The sky too. It was surreal. It turned out that a crazy dust storm hit the Sydney area. (I didn't go see the Outback so it came to see me!) It was already starting to clear up when I left for work but was still quite bad. Visibility was low as the air was full of dust. Some people had masks on. Cars had dust collecting on them. The Sun was barely visible when the clouds weren't covering it. You could look right at the sun and could just make it out before it was hidden by another cloud. I wish I would have had the time to head down by the harbour and take some photos! Here are the ones I took on my way to work:


Here's a link that Bridget Bishop sent me of other photos of the storm:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/09/dust_storm_in_australia.html

2 comments:

mom said...

wow that's pretty strange

ladybugblue said...

Hey Terry -

I only just now caught up on your different blog posts. Such interesting stuff!! Very fun. How much longer are you there?

Angela